In 1921 the Federal Government broke up of the monopoly of the Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western…
In 1921 the Federal Government broke up of the monopoly of the Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western Railroad, divesting them of their coal properties. The Glen Alden Coal Company assumed ownership of the Concrete City. By 1924 the complex was abandoned after a local ordinance required the installation of a public sewer costing $200,000. It was decided that the buildings should be dynamited. After one hundred sticks of dynamite only blew a hole through the floor, the demolition was abandoned and the buildings left to sit.
Small (5×7) - $85
Medium (8×10) - $135
Large (11×14) - $185
Frame & Mat
* Black, 3/4" wood frame with white, 2" mat